For students requiring special accommodations, faculty should discuss these matters with the student(s) in individual settings or notify them that they can discuss their concerns to the Office of Disability Services.
- The field trip leader should facilitate any special accommodations.
- Full consideration should be given by investigating the accessibility of the destination as well as transportation resources.
- Students with special needs related to religious and or cultural beliefs and values should be reasonably accommodated.
- Students with disabilities should always be permitted to participate in field trips, and trips should be arranged in ways that reasonably accommodate them.
- Physical requirements should be clearly delineated, and students should be afforded the opportunity to complete an alternate activity in the event that participation is not feasible.