Damage to University Owned Property

Property claims refer to damages sustained to University-owned property. This includes property acquired in connection with a federally sponsored award as required by 2 CFR 200.310.

  • Includes:
    • Buildings
    • Contents
    • Equipment
  • Does not include:
    • Automobiles
    • Personal property
  • Claim reporting
    • Contact Risk Management at 315.443.4011 or email.
      • Provide: Date/time of loss, brief description of loss, mitigation steps taken and estimated damages.
    • Preserve any physical evidence that is allegedly connected with a potential claim until otherwise directed by Risk Management.  Example: Water damage from a ruptured pipe…save the pipe.
    • Take photos, whenever possible, to preserve information.